Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Stuff

So, I went to my 15 year high school reunion. It didn't suck as much as I thought it would. Actually, I had a pretty good time. It was fun to see people I used to see every day, but haven't seen in 15 years. A lot of people had changed. Some people haven't. Like Todd. Still bald, and for some reason wearing a kilt. I remember one time he was wearing musical boxers that played Jingle Bells when he sat down. Ah, memories.

I can't believe summer is almost over. H and I didn't do any of her homework that I bought her so she could keep up her preschool skills. I did take her to dance and gymnastics, and she's now performing in parades, so that's been fun, but she still can't write her name. Let's just say if I homeschooled her, she'd be the stupidest kid around because I am really bad on the follow through.

We did a lot of crafts, so it was a good thing Michaels had a sale and I stocked back up, especially as my nieces have come over a couple of times and our craft supplies are getting low. And we are out of supplies for candy bracelets.

We went to Canada, which was fun. And camping, which was okay. And fishing, which was boring. Really boring. And I ate a whole bag of licorice.

We didn't make it to the pool as often as I thought we would, so it's a good thing I didn't buy a pass. (we went once.)

We almost traded our Durango in on Cash for Clunkers, but came to our senses at the last minute, which is a good thing because we could not afford the payment.

We discovered we were overspending by $400 a month. We cut back our spending by $425 a month.

I caught up Hawaii and Canada and camping in the scrapbook, so I now have no excuse for not doing my brother Ryan's mission album.

We took all our nieces and nephews to Fiesta Days, and like an idiot I went on the Tilt-A-Whirl with a couple of them. I think I'm still sick from that one.

No comments: