Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cranky Old Man

Sometimes I feel like a cranky old man. When I was a kid, we didn't have fancy DVD players and TIVO, so it's hard for me not to feel cranky when Princess H wants me to pause shows, back shows up, and do it now. Right now we're watching The Sound of Music, and this is what I hear: "Mommy, go to where the kids get scared." "Mommy, go the the puppets." "Mommy, go to the part where they go like this and walk."

This has been going on for 2 days! And since I got a whopping 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night, and my blood pressure seems dangerously low, I really feel like catering to a 3 year-old who wants the Sound of Music at 7:00 in the morning. Lousy kids.

I must go. Sixteen Going On Seventeen sounds like it's winding down and I'll need to skip to My Favorite Things.

No comments: