Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Smooth Ride

Lately I've been cruising around in my mom's car instead of my SUV. But before I ended up with my mom's car, I've been driving the car my husband usually drives--our '99 Nissan Sentra. Which was the car I picked out for myself, including all of the upgraded stereo components, down to the 12" sub in the trunk. But since having my daughter, I've been driving the lumbering ox...I mean '02 Dodge Durango. Which has a shake in it. And gets terrible gas mileage. And one of the speakers in the back isn't working. Due to the recent spike in gas prices, I've been driving the little car because I've been going further from home. So nice, such a smooth ride. So of course the antifreeze starts boiling, and it has to be in the shop. So my dad let me borrow my mom's car--well, I guess technically it's my dad's car since my mom died in March, but that's off topic. This car is a Dodge Intrepid. We call it the Canyonero because it's so honking big (two miles wide, seats 45, Canyonero). It drives great--but it's huge. And I'm used to driving a huge vehicle, just not one that's so close to the ground.

But it does ride smooth--a little too smooth. I took my daughter to get a haircut, and she was asleep before we got to Great Clips. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: