Thursday, August 28, 2008

They Won't Leave Me Alone

The Onion Day's Bake-Off committee won't leave me alone! For the last 3 days I've had several phone calls, and messages, from various members of the Bake-Off committee.

"We haven't seen your entry yet. Are you planning to enter this year? You know, there's no late fee." And on and on and etc, etc, etc.

When I was finally at home for one of their phone calls, I told them why I'm not entering the competition this year.

1. It's on Labor Day. Again. I do not want to get up at the crack of dawn on a holiday and bake.

2. I lost all desire to bake when my mom died in March. I barely cook dinner right now.

3. I haven't baked anything since February when my mom got sick--I'm out of practice.

You think these reasons would keep the committee off my back, wouldn't you? Well, they're still calling. Good thing I have caller ID.

No comments: