Friday, August 29, 2008

The Coolest Thing On TV. Ever.

So, we are completely addicted to Ninja Warrior. We don't actually have G4 because we have America's Top 100 on Dish (love the Dish. If you sign up for Dish, please reference me so I get my next months bill free) and it doesn't include G4. But my dad has Spanish Fork Cable Network, and it has G4. Fortunately, right after we discovered the joy and wonder that is Ninja Warrior, Dish ran G4 as a free preview for the month, enabling me to DVR over 25 episodes of Ninja Warrior, including competition 17 where Makoto Nagano finally triumphs over stage 4. Only two people have even beaten the whole course. Two.

The best part about Ninja Warrior is watching people fall into the muddy water below. This is just one of the reasons I think Ninja Warrior is most exciting and interesting than the Olympics. At the Olympics, athletes train for one, maybe three related events. In Ninja Warrior, you have to be strong, balanced, and fast. And they have Olympians who can't do the course! Medal Winning Olympians who can't even finish stage 1, although the Warped Wall has taken out many a worthy contender. And wouldn't the Olympics be more exciting if when a gymnast went out of bounds during a performance they fell in water and were eliminated?

My personal favorite is Mr. Octopus, this old guy who is in great shape for his age, but who rarely makes it past the first obstacle, and goes right in the drink. I think I'm even beginning to learn Japanese from watching Ninja Warrior. For example, Jump Hang is Jump Hanga in Japanese. And Spider Walk is Spider Walka.

My 3-year-old daughter also loves Ninja Warrior. To the point that when she sees playground equipment, towel racks, or stair railings she thinks it's the Ninja Warrior course and she has to go and do it. One time her dollies were even doing Ninja Warrior.

I tell you, it's great fun, and it's really funny when we ask H what she would like to watch before bed. "Life With Derek? Hannah Montana?" and we hear "Ninja Warrior."

No comments: