Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can You Stand the Excitement?


Last night was the monthly meeting of the Spanish Fork Planning Commission. I am so lucky I get to cover it for the Spanish Fork News. At least this month it didn't drag on and on and on--no, this month there was hardly anything on the agenda and I was only 2 minutes late and had missed to first couple of agenda items. But there was a good debate on whether or not to annex a property that is on Riverbottoms road into the city, so that will give me something to write about. I just have to find time. While H is at pre-school? After I pick H up from pre-school? During her nap--ah, that blessed time of 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon where she sleeps and then awakens refreshed and happy again? And when am I supposed to squeeze in loading the Durango with all the food and assorted items I have to take to Enrichment tonight? Which reminds me, I have to call everyone who signed up to bring food. I got the list at 5:15 last night. 15 minutes before I was leaving to take H to my dad's so I could go to Planning Commission. There was no time to call anyone.

And Friday morning is out--the article is due at 12:00 and I'm taking H on a playdate with a friend from high school--one of the few friends I've remained in touch with over the years. Plus, Friday I have to bake cookies shaped like onesies and bibs for my sister-in-laws baby shower that I'm hosting on Saturday, and go set up the yard for the shower. It had better be good weather, because I want to have one more event in my mother's rose garden before it gets too cold.

I do this to myself--it is my own fault I'm too busy. When will I learn to slow down? Probably when I'm dead.

(The picture is of H at my brother Mike's wedding July 5th. She was the cutest flower girl ever, and had so much fun skipping down the secret garden path, until she got bored and wandered off and we found her around the block in a neighbor's garage. But that's another story.)

2 comments:

CRCD Public Information Officer said...

Lindsay,

For some reason I thought you were living in New York. Are you in Payson? The land I grew up on is now across the street from the new SF high school so my family cashed in and moved out. My parents bought a home in Elk Ridge.

I lived in Los Angeles for ten years, moved to Alaska and returned to Ogden to finish my last semester of school. I come back to Payson/Elk Ridge on he weekends. Email me at bardiamondjatgmaildotcom, if you want to meet up sometime. I am going back to California in a couple of months.

Leona Christensen

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Hi Lindsay,
I don't think I've seen you since High School. It sounds like you are busy, but doing well. Your little girl is darling! I was so sorry to hear about your mom. I have fond memories of playing at your house in elementary/middle school. Your mom was always a lot of fun. This blog stuff is a fun way to catch up/stay in touch. Take care,
Camille (Hurst) Neilson