Monday, September 8, 2008

Stuff I Hate

I really hate the new Utah license plates. Especially the new ski plate. The font for Utah is terrible--I can't see it without cringing. The shade of red that is underneath it is awful--it's hardly a red, more of a red orange, and I think it offends the senses. And the new motto--Life Elevated? What happened to the classic Ski Utah plate with it's timeless motto The Greatest Snow on Earth? I don't even ski and I prefer that plate. So much so, that on my last two vehicles I have requested that plate over the Centennial Arch Plate. Plus the car is red, and the red on Ski matched the car. Maybe it's just me.

I hate microwave popcorn. It does not matter which brand, I hate them all equally. Except ACT II caramel popcorn, which you can't get at the Payson Wal-Mart so I have to pick it up in Vegas.

Playgrounds without swings. Playgrounds without baby swings. Playgrounds with one baby swing that is broken.

Hotels without Tivo. Okay, that's not true. I hate the fact that once you get used to being able to pause live television you can't go back to regular tv without a lot of moaning and groaning. Even from the 3-year old. Especially from the 3-year old. "Sweetie, the Marriott doesn't have Sesame Street available any time of the day like we do at home. It's like Grandpa's house."

Coleslaw. It's just nasty. Except the delicious sidedish at McDonald's Bistro Gourmet restaurants in Orlando, Florida.

The fact that there are no Bistro Gourmet restaurants anywhere near Utah--only in Orlando.

The nearest Popeye's is in Mesquite, Nevada.

You can't get good deli in Utah. You can barely get passable deli in Utah. One place that I'm aware of carries Boars Head meat. One place. And it's not Caputo's. That's good deli, but it's Italian deli so it doesn't count.

Shopping for shoes. Apparently no one who is a size 6 has a wide foot but me--or everyone does. Either way, I can never find shoes in the right size.

Basic Dish doesn't include G4.

The fact that gas costs at least 30 cents less in Colorado than it does in Utah.

The Blimpie on 1300 South in Salt Lake--they don't have the good Blimpie pickles. That's half the reason to go to Blimpie. The other half is the delicious spicy mustard and delicious oil and vinegar. Mmm...Blimpie.

There's no Blimpie in Utah County that I am aware of. All the Blimpies in Provo shut down. One is now a Carl's jr, one got knocked down, and one is a Papa Murphy's and the Enter and Exit signs are the old Blimpie signs and it makes me sad everytime I see it, which is basically everytime I am on University Ave.

Hmm...a large percentage of things I hate have to do with fast food. Strange. Maybe I eat at too many fast food restaurants. Add that to the list--fast food.

2 comments:

Matt Caputo said...

Hey! Why does an Italian deli not count? That is offensive to an Italian. For your info, many of the brands we carry will destroy Boar's Head in a blind taste test and I would be willing to prove it to you any time. Boar's Head (a grocery store brand) has decent quality ham, turkey etc., but they are not considered artisan to say the least. We specialize procuring the absolute highest quality in the world. In these circles, Boar's Head is laughed at. Anyway, I could go on and on, but you should come in some time and experience real deli meat from our counter.
Regards,
Matt Caputo
Director
Tony Caputo's Market & Deli
801-531-8669

Lindsay said...

I suppose I should take that back. Because my favorite part of going to the chiropractor in SLC is stopping for lunch at Caputo's. Because it is very tasty, and honestly, pretty much the best thing about eating in SLC.

I think I just miss Manhattan.