Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mega Happy Fun Disc?

I'm listening to Lindsay's Mega Happy Fun Disc III because I am pretty bummed today. Many factors, including I miss my mom and everyone around me is pregnant and I'm sick of it. But that's not the point of this post. The point is, MHFD III is fairly depressing for something that's a Mega Happy Fun Disc. It includes:

Route 66 - Depeche Mode (How can you not be depressed listening to Depeche Mode?)
Touch Her Madly - The Doors
Don't Bring Me Down - ELO (Yes, there's a lot of classic rock on this disc, and classic rock is fairly depressing)
Hotel California - The Eagles
Part of Me, Part of You - Glenn Fry (Depressing for numerous reasons, not including my mom used to play this on the guitar because of her brother, my uncle, who drowned on a family river run 10 years ago)
Armageddon It - Def Leppard (Don't ask)
Dogs of Lust - The The
Holiday - The Other Ones (Pretty much the only peppy, mega happy song on this disc)
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Because Nirvana is known for its happy songs)
Shame About That - Sara Evans (Wondering why there's country on this disc? Me too.)
Pop Goes the World - Men Without Hats
Love to Hate You - Erasure (Full of sunshine and flowers)
Then What - Clay Walker (Still not sure why the country is there)
Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
Afternoons and Coffeespoons - Crash Test Dummies (Because someday I'll wear pajamas in the day time)
God Shuffled His Feet - CTD (Yes, I may be the only person who actually bought the album)

This disc isn't Mega Happy at all! In fact, it's pretty much a turn out the lights and sulk disc. I hate to say it, but the 4th one isn't much better, other than the peppy Blink 182 version of Seasons in the Sun.

I'd better make a new disc. Or iTunes play list, except my iPod says Do not disconnect and last time I disconnected it without it's permission it retaliated by having no battery power when I needed it. So it's a CD for me, because I can't drive to Vegas in my current state of bummed. Hmm...I wonder if we have any G&R...because nothing cheers you up like Welcome to the Jungle.

No comments: