Friday, September 12, 2008

An Apology To Caputo's

I feel bad about saying there is no good deli in Utah, because there is one good place. Tony Caputo's at 314 S 300 W in Salt Lake City does have excellent deli. In fact, that's one of the positive factors in going to a NUCCA chiropractor that is located in SLC--Caputo's is just a few blocks down the road. I was absolutely delighted when I realized the proximity of the two.

I apologize if I upset any of the great people at Caputo's, because I have eaten there often and I actually have a menu in my car so I can decide what I want ahead of time in case there's a line. Which there usually is, because everybody loves Caputo's.

The balsamic vinegar that they use is so tasty words fail me to describe it. If you like vinegar, you'll be pleased.

My favorite sandwich is the Caputo, which has: Prosciutto, mortadella, salami, provolone, lettuce, and tomatoes on a hard Italian roll covered with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I have to say, I'm a sucker for salami. And pastrami. I love pastrami.

And I hope I didn't offend any Italians, because I love Italian food, and their cheeses--the true Italian cheeses, not the stupid rip-off American versions like shelf-stable Parmesan cheese--are among the best in the world.

So, Matt, I hope you accept my apology. And thank you for giving me the comeuppance I deserved. Because I did.

And if there is anyone out there reading this, seriously, stop in at Caputo's next time you're in SLC. You'll be glad you did. You can check out their delicious menu at www.caputosdeli.com.


1 comment:

Matt Caputo said...

Lindsay,
Thanks for the follow up and the very kind words about our deli. We promise to continuously improve. Next time you are in you should say hello. I would like to buy you a sandwich for being such a good sport and responding to my rants.
Thanks,
Matt Caputo