Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Finally Getting Lost

So, I'm pretty late getting on the Lost bandwagon, but I must say it's a compelling show. And not just because Sawyer is hot--which he is--but it's an intriguing idea for the show. Brent got hooked on it right before he had his emergency colon surgery--he watched two seasons of Lost while he was septic, which helps explain some of the crazy nightmares he had while in the ICU. Too much Lost in a short time, plus he did have a tremendous infection to fight off. In fact, we're pretty lucky that the mega IV antibiotics worked on him. But anyway, while he was watching two seasons of Lost, I was taking care of H and trying not to get sick. Hey, a bad flu was going around and I didn't want to catch it. At the time, we didn't know he had diverticulitis and that anything was rupturing inside his body, and that it wasn't catching. So really, I only saw bits and pieces of this crazy Lost show. But he was hooked.

So I watched last season with him, and in order to not be completely clueless and confused as to what is going on, I am watching Lost from the beginning now that it's airing on SciFi. I do realize that we have two seasons that I could watch on the Media Shuttle--basically a computer that doesn't keep time well which is why we ended up getting the DVR instead of using it, because at the time, you would lose the last 3 minutes of your show. Anyway, I could watch Lost using the media shuttle--you can browse the internet using that stupid thing, but it requires 3 remotes to get to it, including the tv remote, and it's just too much work to get out of the recliner to reboot it when it locks up, like it does. If we hadn't been doing a beta-test for the stupid thing, Brent probably wouldn't have gotten hooked on Lost.

Anyway, the point is, you shouldn't watch Lost right before bed. It brings on really weird dreams. Which is why I usually watch it during H's naps. Except H is starting to not want to nap in the afternoons. Except for today, but she fell asleep on the family room floor, and I really needed to catch up on laundry. Monday used to be chore day, but now her music class is on Monday mornings, and we end up blowing the whole day, because we drive to Springville--what can I say, I enrolled her at Art City Music Academy. Yes, I realize she's 3. How many 3 year olds do you know that can recognize whole notes, quarter notes, and quarter rests, hmm? I know of 3, and they're in her class. And she can find do, re, and mi on the keyboard. But enough bragging about my exceptional kid. After we got to music class, we usually stop by my office--yes, at some point I'll really quit that job for good--and then we go out to eat, and usually shopping, and by the time we get home we don't want to do chores. But we do want to watch tv. And Lost is too intense for a 3-year-old. Oh well, I guess I'll squeeze it in at night.

No comments: