Friday, October 24, 2008

Random Stuff


So, my eye problem is still a problem. Apparently I have an astigmatism in one eye, but it's so minor that it's not worth getting glasses for. So right now I have to make a list of what makes my eyes hurt, and wear reading glasses while using the computer, which stretches the eye strain out to hitting after 20 minutes instead of 5. Which reminds me, why am I writing a stupid blog post when I'm supposed to be writing about the ALA Mock Disaster drill? It's due in 15 minutes.

I have a new nephew--my brother Nate is now a daddy. Poor little guy. Baby S is in the NICU with an infection. H is upset because Baby S barfed on his blanket and himself, but she got to see him through the window.

Brent has all his employees in town this week so he's barely been home, but today is Spouse Appreciation Day and as far as I know he's been able to swing it so he can attend. So in a few hours I'll be at Color Me Mine painting plates or something. I deserve a break--I've done the corporate wife thing all week, including making homemade cookies and prize bags for bowling night and as I write this I'm wearing a company shirt so I can be Mrs. Brent at the event. But seriously, it's all good.

October hasn't been too bad--I don't want to jinx it, because October is traditionally a horrible month for our family. So far the worst thing is Baby S being in the NICU, and my brother Ryan who is on his mission got flashed. I suppose that's better than the time someone threw a rock at him.

I'd better go. I've got an article to file and H will be wanting lunch and a costume change. Right now she's Snow White. Yes, the costume is a little big. It's for a 4 year-old, and she's 3. But Uncle Mike gave her the costume for her birthday, and she adores Uncle Mike.

1 comment:

Nelson Nitwits said...

Hi Lindsay! It's fun to hear from you! I'm glad to find your blog and see how you're doing. Your daughter looks just like you used to! I've thought of our Barbie playdates where we would use shoes as Barbie cars many times over the years. Fun memories. My parents told me about your mom passing away. I was very sorry to hear that. Congratulations on your writing career!

Genevieve Crossley Nelson