Thursday, December 4, 2008

Slacking

You know, it's amazing how one day of slacking off on the housework turns your house into a crap shack. The counters are covered, the table is covered with Christmas stuff, the mail, Strawberry Shortcake pals, car insurance paperwork, and my laptop, since my desktop decided to die on Sunday. At least we were able to salvage the few things I needed that were on the C: drive--all my photos were safely on the E: drive and somewhat backed up on our external harddrive, other than the last few months because apparently the stupid media computer that I have always secretly hated died.

At any rate, it has complicated matters somewhat, because now half of the dining room table is taken up with laptops, and I only have one monitor and I've gotten quite accustomed to two. Could I squeeze any more forms of to in that sentence? Two, to, too--I'm out.

At any rate, I've been slacking because I just frankly don't feel like loading the dishwasher, washing clothes, or picking up after myself. I'm not excited for Christmas--I'm just down.

So, I'm off to sit in my recliner, reading the new David Baldacci, and waiting for Spring to come.

No comments: